Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Again with the Obama

I've taken about a dozen or so phone calls myself about Obama/Spidey this past week, but employee Jon said he had about 20-30 the past 2 days.

I can't really sum it up any better than Mike Sterling did here
http://www.progressiveruin.com/2009_01_11_archive.html#3385674185661034783

I will add that I took a phone call today from a woman asking about the variant cover. I told her we didn't qualify for it and started to explain the difference between the variant and the normal cover because hey, a lot of people don't know when they ask. She told me she knew, so cool I get to skip that whole part of the usual conversation. She then asked in an accusatory tone "So you guys been holding them for people ahead of time?"

Well.....that's what subscriptions are for. I mean, we are holding onto them in advance. But. Ah screw it >_<

And now I'll bet you we are the 'shifty' store.

I was actually thinking there would have been more requests because hey, Seattle. I'm glad though that I don't have to explain to tons of people why we won't have enough of the 1st printing.

Edit: Heh, Obamageddon
http://www.agreeablecomics.com/therack/?p=524

No comments: