Friday, September 12, 2008

Seething. Yes, I do believe that is the word.

My hatred would be seething.

Guy comes in for Disney, doesn't know what he wants, ok, np. I get the boxes of Disney books for him to look at. He ask three times if we have Walt Disney Comics #6, and the answer all three times is 'no'.

I excuse myself to answer the phone, then I go about other work. He comes up a bunch of times asking fairly easy questions but at a rapid pace of stupidity. Leaves me alone again, comes back up, leaves me alone, blah blah blah. Brings up some books and complains they aren't in his price range. I explain they are all priced accordingly. He wants me to explain what that means, I go through the whole spiel explaining grades, conditions, price guides, and rarity. We open every book and I show him what's what. He complains a little bit more, I trim a couple bucks off to get him in budget. He has no intention of putting the couple of books he passed on back where they belong. Fine. Whatever.

I go back to put the books away AND HE LEFT A BIG 'OL PILE OF BOOKS OUT OF ORDER ON THE COUNTER. PUT YOUR SHIT BACK, PEOPLE.

.......WHY ARE THESE PUT IN BACKWARDS AND UPSIDE DOWN?

This is why when I go grocery shopping, and I realize I can't afford something, I don't put the item over halfway across the store where it doesn't belong. Because I am sure there is some guy at the end of the day working at Safeway who finds a box of condoms in the middle of the cheese section and is just going WTF, PEOPLE. WTF.

No comments: