Monday, August 17, 2009

You can call me The Conqueror.

I'm turning into one of those guys who apologizes for updating their blogs late, aren't I?
Past couple weeks have been sort of hell weeks, but that's still a sucky excuse. So let's try to make up for it here with a crapton of stuff.

First off, WIEC? has seen fit to gift me with a blogger award, something I obviously don't deserve but am very grateful for. It means a lot to me that people actually read my mad ramblings, and he's been a long time reader (infinite patience must be your super-power, btw). What's the award? It's the Honest Scrap Award and here are the details:
1) link back to the awarder's site.
2) pass the award on to 10 other blogger sites.
3) spit out 10 honest things about yourself.

So, link back is taken care of. Making up a small list is kinda tricky because I think a ton of people need a good shout out, but for now here are a bunch of sites I think deserve plenty of attention.
3) Pai

So now for the third item. 10 honest things about myself is kinda tricky, because I hate to do these type of personal lists. Here's my best go:

1) If it has Shirley Manson or Karen O in it, I will most likely check it out.
2) If I had to take a guess, I would blame a mixture of Transformers, GI Joe, and Spider-Man for my moral development. But it could be worse, at least I know that freedom is the right of all sentient beings and with great power comes great responsibility. And if you fire lasers at people, no one will ever get hurt.pic via DylanGreene

3) I've only seen the first season of Battlestar Galactica. I really liked it, it's just a slow process for me to catch up on these things.

4) I've been working in comic retail for 15 years. Consider every year a reprieve from the eventual doom I will rain down upon the world. The doom will be fiery. Not wet. Like normal rain.

5) I have no idea sometimes. Really.

6) I generally do prefer animals over people. If a customer ties up their dog outside so they can come into the store, I actually would prefer it if it was the other way around.

7) I don't have any inclination towards table top gaming. No D&D, no Magic, just not the stuff I'm into.

9) I did have a lvl 80 Undead Mage named Wrathamon in World of Warcraft. I cancelled my account back in April though, so the online gaming geekery has been put to a stop for now. But he totally got the Conqueror title, which I would like to point out was a bitch to get. Only 1 person in 3 years of playing that damn game ever picked up where my characters name came from, and it was practically on my last day too.

10) I haven't bought a new console game since GTA San Andreas. So yes, that means Playstation 2 was the last system I owned. So very far behind.
I think that about covers it. Thanks again to WIEC? for the shout out, and ideally I'll get off my bum and get some more writing done here soon.

1 comment:

wiec? said...

well earned my friend and you totally deserved it! way to play along.

dogs before people and the "having no idea" point i can totally dig too. i still play my ps2 all the time. i have the Wii but the thing is getting dusty. Tekken 5 is my game of choice these days.

great pics to pay it forward to too.