Saturday, August 23, 2008

IF IT WEREN’T FOR MY HORSE........pt1

Sometimes, you just hear something so stupid coming out of a person that you realize that you're all alone in a cold dark world. That as much as you want to believe in human achievement and that all people are good at heart, really, you're just swimming in a sea of madness and you're only choices are to drown or be eaten by sharks. I don't even know what that last sentence really means, but I know I believe it with all my heart.

"I'm just a real big fan of comics, I've always loved them. The idea of comics. I don't buy them though."

.....

"Can you authenticate this back stage pass to a rock concert? Cause you guys are connected, right?"

.....

Customer: Can you tell me anything about this book?
Me: I've honestly never read it before, so I can't tell you too much. You grabbed a later volume though, volume three.
Customer: What does that mean?
Me: Well, uh, that there is a volume one and two.
Customer: What does that mean?

.....

(After persistent attacks on the door)
Me: Can I help you?
Idiot: We wanted to come in.
Me: Well, uh, we are closed (points to closed sign).
Idiot: Well yeah, but we wanted to come in.
Me: Well I’m sorry, but I closed out the till.
Idiot: Oh, so you're closed?

.....

"I never thought people would actually try to make a living off this type of stuff. It just seems so silly." (Said directly to someone who is making a living off this stuff. And think of the most condescending tone you’ve ever heard of).

No comments: