Thursday, August 28, 2008

IF IT WEREN’T FOR MY HORSE........pt2

More stirring dialogue forced into my brain like a dull blade

.....

" Well, they are all in perfect shape." (Said as a page nearly falls out of the book being held up)

.....

" You sell comics but you don't sell Elvis collectibles? That's kind of weird."

.....

" What the fuck kind of place is this, you don't sell cigarettes?"

.....

" I can never get into DC comics, they focus too much on the story."

.....

"What does the number on the cover mean? They all have a number on them." (Yes, customer was referring to issue numbers)

.....

Customer: Can you pull me down that 3-D Superman comic?
Me: Uh, sorry, that’s not a 3-D comic, it’s a comic with a vinyl record.
Customer: Well, I want the 3-D Superman.
Me: Well, I’m sorry, but there isn’t a 3-D Superman up there. Just the vinyl record.
Customer: What does that mean?
Me: It’s, uh, a comic with a vinyl record. It has an audio story on it. They made them in the ‘70s.
Customer: Well, I want the 3-D Superman.
Me:.........I think we need to stop this conversation.
Customer: Well I want the 3-D Superman, are you going to get it for me or not?
Me:.........no.
(Now repeat that entire interaction another 3 times and you’ll have the full affect of crazy. )

No comments: