Saturday, August 23, 2008

WELL PLAYED POKEMON, WELL PLAYED INDEED

You know those trends that you just hope you don’t have to endure for too long, but they do eventually go away? Yeah, kinda wished that was the case here. Because for the life of me, I will never be able to tell the difference between all these stupid little rat creatures and whatever the fuck a ‘Squirtle’ is. But they’re still here, and going just as strong for our store as ever. And I suppose there could be worse things. As pointed out by my boss, the game did give his daughter the incentive to focus on her reading and math.

Everytime a new set of cards comes out, we get swamped with kids dragging their parents in. So not only are we getting extra business but we are getting more kids in the store in general, and that is never a bad thing for this industry considering it’s what the focus should always be in the first place. So as much as I hate the damn things, they are a boon and an important part of what being a comic store should be I believe.

No comments: